We are seeking ham sandwich stories, essays, poems, and other creative works for The Hamthology, which will be made available as an e-book and POD paperback.
Your work has to include a ham sandwich in some significant way. (It doesn’t have to be the main part of the story, but it should affect the story.)
We are interested in:
- comedies, horrors, and horror/comedies featuring a ham sandwich
- science fiction or fantasy stories featuring a ham sandwich
- serious literary fiction (with ham sandwich)
- explorations of the human experience through the prism of the ham sandwich
- romantic and/or erotic ham sandwich fiction
- creative fiction, possibly told in the form of advertisements or recipes for ham sandwiches
- actual recipes for ham sandwiches
- vegan screeds against the ham sandwich, or carnivore celebrations of the virtues of the ham sandwich or, generally, moral debates within the realm of ham sandwich
- ham sandwich poems
- ham sandwich personal essays
- ham sandwich philosophical or academic essays (e.g. the ham sandwich theorem)
- visual art with a ham sandwich
To whet your appetite, here is some ham sandwich art by the Swedish artist Janne Karlsson:
You retain original copyright. We just want (non-exclusive) rights to include the work in the anthology. Reprints are okay.
Simultaneous submissions: okay. Multiple submissions: okay.
Submission window: Feb 14 through April 1.
Payment: rate of $5.00 per 1000/w (to a max of $10) upfront by Paypal OR up to twice that much comped from a paperback copy of the anthology (when it becomes available). All contributors will also receive the digital version.
To be clear, a rate of $5.00 per 1000/w is a rate of .5c/word.
Accepted lengths: anything.
If you have an idea, but aren’t sure if we’d be interested, send an e-mail. We’ll let you know.
Send your submissions or queries by e-mail to: thehamthology @ gmail.com